DagDok - your guide to the UN documentation
DagDok is a guide to the UN documentation by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law library, Uppsala University. Its purpose is to help you find UN reports and documents as well as background information about the UN organization as well as areas of UN activity.
International Day of Peace 21 September 2020
To mark its 75th anniversary, the UN has invited millions of people worldwide to join UN75, the largest and furthest-reaching global conversation on building the peaceful and prosperous future that we want.
The UN General Assembly has declared this International Day of Peace as a day devoted to strengthening the ideals of peace, through observing 24 hours of non-violence and cease-fire.
For more information about this special day, please visit at: https://www.un.org/en/observances/international-day-peace
Attend the virtual observance event by joining: http://bit.ly/peacedaylive (On 17 September 2020, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. EDT; NY local time). This online Student Observance will begin with a dialogue between United Nations Messengers of Peace and young people around the world.
The United Nations Secretary-General, Mr. António Guterres, has called for all of us to use these dialogues, as well as the International Day of Peace, to exchange ideas on how to achieve a global ceasefire, heal our planet and turn the COVID-19 crisis into an opportunity for peace. Let us build back better for more inclusive and peaceful societies.
The Peace Bell Ceremony will follow, featuring the participation of the United Nations Secretary-General, the President of the General Assembly and the Permanent Representative of Japan to the United Nations.
All the information and promotional materials found on the websites listed above has been provided by the United Nations and the Dag Hammarskjöld Library and are free to use. Always state source!
UN News Centre
- FROM THE FIELD: COVID-19’s ‘deadly layer of complexity’ depicted in photos 2020-09-26
- ‘Reverse course’ towards full nuclear disarmament – UN chief 2020-09-26
- Japan to ‘proactively lead’ on COVID-19 response efforts 2020-09-26
- ‘Things have to change’ Canada’s Trudeau declares amid COVID-19 pandemic 2020-09-26
- Pacific small islands and ‘Big Ocean’ nations at UN Assembly make the case for climate action, shift to clean energy 2020-09-25
UNRIC Info Point and Library
- Belarus must release opposition leader Maria Kalesnikava, stress independent rights experts 2020-09-25
- Cyprus committed to resuming peace talks 2020-09-24
- European unity is an example to the world: Bosnia and Herzegovina Head of State 2020-09-23
- Look at both ‘full and empty parts’ of global glass, Turkey urges Member States 2020-09-22
- Spain violated inclusive education right of child with disabilities, independent committee finds 2020-09-21