DagDok - your guide to the UN documentation
DagDok is a guide to the UN documentation by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law library, Uppsala University. Its purpose is to help you find UN reports and documents as well as background information about the UN organization as well as areas of UN activity.
The 2010-2020 UN News decade in review
UN News takes a look back at some of the big stories on its global patch, that unfolded between 2010 and 2019:
In part one, which takes in the period between 2010 and the end of 2013, the focus is on the devastating Haiti earthquake, the beginning of the ongoing Syrian conflict, the inspiring work of Malala Yousafzai in favour of girls’ education, and the creation of what has now become “the world’s most dangerous UN mission”, in Mali.
In part two, we take in the years 2014 to 2016, which saw the worst outbreak of Ebola ever recorded; new hope that the climate crisis could be tackled by world leaders, through the historic Paris climate agreement; a UN mission in Colombia to facilitate a much-awaited peace process; and the launch of the UN’s 2030 Agenda, a plan of action for people, the planet and prosperity.
In part three UN News looks back over the past decade takes in the launch of the 2030 Agenda, the UN’s blueprint for a better future for all; the humanitarian response to the Rohingya refugee crisis; the successful end to the mandate of the UN Liberia Mission; and fresh momentum in the fight against the climate crisis, despite disappointment over the COP25 climate conference in Madrid.
UN News Centre
- Haiti cholera outbreak ‘stopped in its tracks’ 2020-01-24
- The drive for quality education worldwide, faces ‘mammoth challenges’ 2020-01-24
- FROM THE FIELD: Niger supporting the most vulnerable, as crises mount 2020-01-24
- Health services for Syrian women caught up in war, foster safety and hope: UNFPA 2020-01-23
- Myanmar: Departing UN rights expert still hopeful for democratic transition 2020-01-23
UNRIC Info Point and Library
- UN moves to tackle ‘hidden abuse’ and violence against Europe’s children 2020-01-14
- Political solution ‘long overdue’ to protect the children of eastern Ukraine 2019-12-02
- WHO working to save lives following powerful earthquake in Albania 2019-11-27
- Guterres holds ‘focused and frank’ informal discussions over future of Cyprus 2019-11-25
- Top UN court will consider Ukraine allegations against Russia of treaty violations 2019-11-08