ITC - International Trade Centre serves as a technical cooperation agency of both UNCTAD and the WTO, providing support for the business sector in developing countries and economies in transition. The ITC is headquartered in Geneva.
The technical assistance of the ITC includes:
- helping business to understand the WTO rules
- strengthening enterprise competitiveness
- developing new trade promotion strategies.
ITC works with several large projects focusing on trade and sustainable development, including, among other things, women and youth. ITC contributes directly to 10 Global Goals for Sustainable Development, namely the goals 1-5, goals 8-10, goal 12 and goals 16-17.
More on ITC
- The ITC website provides background information, news, full text documents and reports and links to relevant information resources.
- Publications catalogue. ITC publications on various topics related to trade development in developing countries.
- The Annual report
- The quaterly International Trade Forum focuses on trade promotion and export development. It is available quarterly from 1999 onwards.
- ITC Library
- Market Analysis Tool with statistics, maps and market analysis.
UN documents and publications in catalogues and databases
- United Nations Digital Library offers UN documents and open access publications, UN voting data and speeches, UN maps, Content in 6+ languages. Replaces the traditional online catalogue UNBISnet.
- UN iLibrary UN publications online covering different topics.
- ODS full-text UN documents published from 1993 onward and scanned documents published between 1946 and 1993 in the official languages of the UN.
- Daily list of documents (ODS). Documents published for the day, with full text links, can be found in the United Nations full text database ODS.
- UNBIS Thesaurus a multilingual database of the controlled vocabulary used to describe UN documents.
- Index to proceedings is an annual bibliographic guide to the proceedings and documentation of the major UN organs. The index includes:
- a list of all documents
- a comprehensive subject index
- an index to speeches
- a voting chart of resolutions
- United Nations Documents Index (United Nations Digital Library) References to all documents by subject area are published. A collection of indexes is held by the Dag Hammarskjöld and Law Library, Uppsala, and the Libraries at UN Headquarters in New York and Geneva.
- All UN documents from 1993-.
- All resolutions of the Principal Organs from 1946-.
- All Security Council plenary documents from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- All supplements to the General Assembly Official Records (GAOR) from 1946-.
- All General Assembly plenary meeting records from 1946- in English, French and Spanish.
- Older documents are being scanned: status of digitization.